Friday, July 6, 2012

Converse Twin Lakes

The twin lakes in converse are again a bit hard to find but if you make it over to Converse City Park and find the baseball and football fields, just behind them where you can't see is the lakes. I say lakes as when you show up it does look like 2 lakes but it's actually 1 lakes that bottlenecks at one point almost making it look like 2. I've fished both the bigger and the smaller parts of the lakes. I've been able to pull out some huge sunfish and some bass out of the lakes. I've also seen other people pull out some real big bass out of the lakes. I believe paddle boats, such as kayaks, small boats, and inflatables, are allowed on the lakes but the lakes are small enough so that you can get to most of the fish by bank fishing. I would recommend worms, crickets, or other live baits on a dropshot rig or splitshot rig. If you fish with artificials, I have no experience with them here so I don't know what advice to give there. I'm not sure if there is catfish in the lake as I haven't tried for them yet but anything is possible and there's a lot of water and vegetation out there for all kinds of fish to live. My best luck was had when casting from the point of the bottle neck into either lakes from that point (you can cast into one lake, do a 180 and cast right into the other lake without having to move).I only have one picture of a bass I pulled out but there is a lot of fish out there to be caught. 



No comments:

Post a Comment