Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Tom slick park

Tom slick Park is pretty small and the pond is a bit hard to find but if  your going after some sunfish then this is a wonderful place to go out and have some fun at. When fishing here I mostly target sunfish and bass. The bass in the pond aren't huge but there is enough in there to have a great time with some catch and release fishing (with a pond this size I wouldn't recommend keeping fish). I prefer to fish from either the "beach" type area or the peninsula. I've only had been able to fish this pond with live worms, night crawlers or red worms will do, but when I do fish the sunfish are super active. I would recommend this place to someone who wants to get their child on some fish because the sunfish are super aggressive and there's plenty of them. I usually use a drop shot rig but a split shot or weightless rig would also work well. The pond is small so its pretty easy to cover the whole pond in a day and eventually get on the fish. The water is beautiful and clear making sight fishing a breeze. Look for those big rocks underwater and move your worm next to it or slowly reel past it. The fish love hiding under the rocks and as the weather gets warmer here in Texas your more likely to be finding the fish in cover.




 Theres quite a few bass... this one is about 12" but I've seen bigger dudes roaming those waters.
 They got some pretty big sunnies out there.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this, I just found out about the park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I would love to use this expiernce in my essay about Tom Slick Park how would I work cite this?

    ReplyDelete